No Tomorrow #1 No Tomorrow #1

There is a highway
Engines roar passed
As their tires bleed onto the asphalt
A silhouette is trapped
Burned alive in the headlights
As it approaches the gates
And tumbles into the pits
To scream one last time
Collected into the arms
Of madness
And Death

TheHeartgrinder responds:

Holy shit this reply is late.

Sowwy.

Coward (demo) Coward (demo)

An aura of sarcasm took over from the moment this track started playing. It has a nearly condescending afterthought. The playfully grating and dark undertones are married well and I feel the transitions are well placed, well spaced. I like the rise at the end before it loops.
I think I particularly enjoy it because it reminds me of Nintendo metal, which is something I enjoy profusely from time to time. There is a certain degree of innocence to it, while at the same time on the verge of psychotic break.

TheHeartgrinder responds:

A lot of my stuff is influenced by the game soundtracks of yesterday. But with this one I just let it go into full effect. Glad you enjoyed.

Seed Seed

To me there is a clearly defined aspect of story telling in this track. I feel the point of origin all the way until the end takes me through a grace period. Just feels like a lot of progress has been made, the layering is incredible and I smile while listening. The sounds complement well and it's pleasing to listen to.
*drooling, as usual*

TheHeartgrinder responds:

A story of how this most recent well of emotions came to be.

Thanks.

To See What's Coming To See What's Coming

St. Anger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR7TBhU-4D8 (The Unnamed Feeling?) by chance?
Can't believe no one even guessed... pffts.
This is a pretty wicked design. I'm really enjoying the blue/green hues and the intensity of those glowing trails. I feel this piece could benefit from some harder edges. As is, I think it feels almost blurred or smudged too much. This doesn't completely detract from the emotion though.

Chadcellor responds:

BINGO. I for one think St. Anger wasn't that bad of an album, and The Unnamed Feeling is one hell of a diamond in the rough.

I never really noticed just how blurry it was until you pointed it out. I've been meaning to go back and touch this piece up, but haven't developed the nerve yet. When I do, I'll be sure to add some harder edges into it, possibly around the eyes so they really pop out.

Thanks for the comment!

Distinguished Distinguished

So simple and elegant. Like she's a mountain to climb or carved from stone. (That's what I see). At first I thought the background might be washing out the body a bit but I noticed you didn't continue the outline. Once my eyes adjusted it just added to the rawness of her carved form. Beautiful.

Windmill Windmill

This is so beautiful! All the patterns are so intricately laid out. The reverse black and white really make everything stand out. The spaces of pure black and white seem to break up the image in just the right about of places. I am really enjoying the noses. Superb.