All 5 art Reviews

To See What's Coming To See What's Coming

St. Anger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR7TBhU-4D8 (The Unnamed Feeling?) by chance?
Can't believe no one even guessed... pffts.
This is a pretty wicked design. I'm really enjoying the blue/green hues and the intensity of those glowing trails. I feel this piece could benefit from some harder edges. As is, I think it feels almost blurred or smudged too much. This doesn't completely detract from the emotion though.

Chadcellor responds:

BINGO. I for one think St. Anger wasn't that bad of an album, and The Unnamed Feeling is one hell of a diamond in the rough.

I never really noticed just how blurry it was until you pointed it out. I've been meaning to go back and touch this piece up, but haven't developed the nerve yet. When I do, I'll be sure to add some harder edges into it, possibly around the eyes so they really pop out.

Thanks for the comment!

Distinguished Distinguished

So simple and elegant. Like she's a mountain to climb or carved from stone. (That's what I see). At first I thought the background might be washing out the body a bit but I noticed you didn't continue the outline. Once my eyes adjusted it just added to the rawness of her carved form. Beautiful.

Windmill Windmill

This is so beautiful! All the patterns are so intricately laid out. The reverse black and white really make everything stand out. The spaces of pure black and white seem to break up the image in just the right about of places. I am really enjoying the noses. Superb.

Scratchy Scratchy

I am really enjoying the tangled mess of this imagery. It feels feral and violent, and the strange little creatures/bodies within feel trapped or confined. Admirable work.

Un-Holy responds:

Thanks man I really appreciate it. A lot of work was put into this and I had to to literally think of creatures to fill in every space so definitely thanks for the compliment on that.

self portrait self portrait

This is a very expressive piece. At least I feel that way. The dulled tones, the monochromatic vibe- are really drawing me in. Those hollow eyes in your self portrait... leave me puzzled. Lovely work.

rhynwilliams responds: