No Tomorrow #1 No Tomorrow #1

There is a highway
Engines roar passed
As their tires bleed onto the asphalt
A silhouette is trapped
Burned alive in the headlights
As it approaches the gates
And tumbles into the pits
To scream one last time
Collected into the arms
Of madness
And Death

TheHeartgrinder responds:

Holy shit this reply is late.

Sowwy.

Coward (demo) Coward (demo)

An aura of sarcasm took over from the moment this track started playing. It has a nearly condescending afterthought. The playfully grating and dark undertones are married well and I feel the transitions are well placed, well spaced. I like the rise at the end before it loops.
I think I particularly enjoy it because it reminds me of Nintendo metal, which is something I enjoy profusely from time to time. There is a certain degree of innocence to it, while at the same time on the verge of psychotic break.

TheHeartgrinder responds:

A lot of my stuff is influenced by the game soundtracks of yesterday. But with this one I just let it go into full effect. Glad you enjoyed.

Seed Seed

To me there is a clearly defined aspect of story telling in this track. I feel the point of origin all the way until the end takes me through a grace period. Just feels like a lot of progress has been made, the layering is incredible and I smile while listening. The sounds complement well and it's pleasing to listen to.
*drooling, as usual*

TheHeartgrinder responds:

A story of how this most recent well of emotions came to be.

Thanks.

Of The Sun - Birthright Of The Sun - Birthright

I think people underestimate how difficult it is to write lyrics
and match them to a track sometimes. I know I probably sound
repetitive but I think you're doing really well with this aspect.
The recording sounds decent. For a solo project I think this is
very good. To fill 3+ minutes is admirable. Thanks for sharing.

TGSUnderground responds:

Thank's a lot. I didn't think it was that good when I made the thing. To be honest I didn't write any of it down, it was all spontaneous and on the spot.

Of The Sun - Subliminal Circle Of The Sun - Subliminal Circle

Yet again, I am enjoying the lyrics and the delivery, which you
seem pretty talented in regard. How do you create the tracks?
Do you play any, or all, of the instruments by hand?
Very awesome no matter the how. Would be awesome to see the
lyrics in the description.

TGSUnderground responds:

Oh yeah man I'm gonna try and get the lyrics up here since you mention it. And yes I do play all the guitar. I use FL studio for the rest and a Shure mic for vocals. Thanks I appreciate the support.

Of The Sun - Prepare Of The Sun - Prepare

You wrote all the lyrics? Wow. The lyrical delivery is pretty
damned good in my opinion. Definitely more entertaining
than some of the metal I come across on youtube now days.
So awesome, thanks for sharing.

TGSUnderground responds:

Well one of my friends is writing a book so he helped with the back story for each song. The lyrics are mostly made on the spot.

SneakyPeek SneakyPeek

The drive through the entire track is a relentless. I feel like it's bearing down on me, forcing me to entertain thoughts of fleeing. Seriously feels like I've just tripped into the middle of something I wasn't supposed to know about and now I'm the target of a grim fate. No matter which corner I turn, they are there and I can find no escape.

@_@ Do you know how hard it was not to sum all that up with 'It's awesome.'
*facepalm*

I'm in your head now.

Be afraid.

DESTRUCTO DESTRUCTO

I'm really, really- and I mean REALLY- enjoying the raw aspects of this piece. I'd hate to hear it overworked, honestly.

LasciviousGork responds:

Well you're in luck cause this song will probably stay how it is until I listen to it again 15 years from now! :D But thank you for the response. This song will forever be a piece of history for me.

On The Wing HG mix On The Wing HG mix

I'm not trying to be an asshat and disagree for the sake of disagreeing but... I feel melancholy listening to this. That mixed with nostalgia and some impending event that is on its way.
The beginning sounds a bit up but for me that quickly changes.
My only complaint is the lack of variation in the last third of the track.
I'd hardly call this failed. Sounds incomplete is all.

TheHeartgrinder responds:

Yeah. Mood and ambient sound took priority over the musical aspects of this one.

I kind of took the lyric "We wait" and took it to heart. So this thing kind of drags on and doesn't change much.

I'm glad you enjoyed my failure though.

Strings and AttractorsHG mix Strings and AttractorsHG mix

Yey! You did post it!

Somehow, this song plays and it's longer than most of your work but it feels like it goes faster sometimes. Once I get beyond the first introduction of vocals, the rest of the track calls forward my attention. The vocals settle down and I'm lost for a bit.

No. I'm not biased.

TheHeartgrinder responds:

I'm glad you enjoyed my little experiment in remixing.

Thanks.